Skiing in Tyrol: ski resorts Koessen and Zahmer Kaiser
Enjoy the well-groomed slopes of the Kaiserwinkl region!
Skiers will have a fantastic time exploring the slopes of the Koessen and Zahmer Kaiser ski resorts from the end of November until the end of March. Located in the immediate vicinity of the Seehotel Brunner, both areas offer runs suited to beginners as well as advanced skiers. Race down sunny mountainsides, enjoy the incredible views of snow-capped peaks and let yourself be inspired by the clear mountain air. You’ll love skiing in the Kaiserwinkl region!
Family ski resorts
There is a joint pass available for both ski resorts, providing you with access to over 50 km of well-groomed ski runs of varying levels of difficulty. Beginners taking their first turns will have plenty of chance to practise on the baby lifts.
The Zahmer Kaiser ski resort in particular is a winter sports paradise perfectly suited to young families spending their ski holiday in Tyrol. The panoramic view from the Zahmer Kaiser Mountain down to the glittering Walchsee Lake is a special treat!
The Zahmer Kaiser ski resort offers:
- guaranteed snowfall at 1,000 m
- 10 great ski runs, covering 25 km
- 15 km are classified as "easy" and suitable for children and beginners
- 5 "baby lifts" will transport all snow bunnies to the top of the practice runs
- 4 toboggan runs for those wanting to take a break from skiing
The ski resort Koessen
This is another great ski area in the Kaiserwinkl region. Next to the Zahmer Kaiser Mountain, the beautiful Unterberg Mountain is one of the few places in Tyrol with guaranteed snowfall.
- ski runs at 1,700 m above sea level
- snow-covered runs all the way down into the valley
- 11 cable cars and lifts
- comfortable 6-passenger tram leading up to the upper terminus, Unterberghorn Koessen
- 3 double chair lifts
- one of the best ski areas in the Tyrolean lowlands